Carrera del Darro
Carrera del Darro Street has an special consideration for its protection and pedestrianisation. It´s restricted access with number plate camera-control 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Decree 1 December 2017 confirms pedestrian area of Carrera del Darro and Paseo del Padre Manjón (between Cuesta de la Victoria and Carrera del Darro) and enlarge Decree 5/03/2012 (expte. 12303/2012), it's permited access to vehicles from owners and renters of garages inside square Cuesta del Chapiz, Carrera del Darro, Paseo del Padre Manjón and San Juan de los Reyes, including these streets.
Allowed accesses with authorization:
- Resident garages.
- From 23:00 to 9:00: all taxi vehicles authorized.
- From 9:00 to 23:00: only taxis with clients inside or required by clients. Free taxis are not authorized from 9:00 to 23:00.
- Buses: Lines C31, C32 and C35.
- Scholar bus: Cuesta del Chapiz, at 8 h. and 14:30 h.
- Fuel supply: Gas, Diesel.
- Emergencies: Ambulance, Firemen, Police.
- Extraordinary services: weddings, mortuary services, reforms and home technical assistance, requesting in writting in the Granada City Council Register Department. If there is an emergency, you can previously e-mail us at email@example.com.
Mops and motorcycles (with no authorization) can't go through Carrera del Darro: it's a pedestrian area.
- Stablishments located in Carrera del Darro and cross-cutting streets will be considered as residents.
- Ask your hotel the best way to get there and where to park.
- More info about Hotels and about Albaicín Access Control.
Loading and unloading of goods and passengers
- Loading and unloading zones actually are located in Plaza Nueva, San Juan de los Reyes street and in Paseo de los Tristes, between Cuesta de la Victoria and Cuesta del Chapiz.
- Timetable: Plaza Nueva: from 8:00 to 11:00h and from 15:00 to 18:00h. Ending of Paseo de los Tristes from 8:00 to 12:00h and from 15:00 to 18:00h.
You can download application in Impresos en Granada.org.
Access to the area
If you want to get to Carrera del Darro, prior, you may go through access controls by rising bollards in Elvira street or Reyes Catolicos street, that restrict access to Plaza Nueva. More info.
San Juan de los Reyes street is very narrow. It's phisically imposible entry for vehicles wider than 1.80m.